Jira Integration in Domino¶
To use this feature:
- Your Domino deployment must be configured to use Jira.
- A Jira administrator must configure this integration within Jira.
- Your Jira account must have the necessary privileges to modify tickets within Jira. Otherwise, you’ll encounter errors within Domino if you try to use this feature.
To learn more about how to configure your Domino deployment to use Jira, please read: Jira Admin Configuration.
With Domino’s Jira integration, you can perform common Jira actions from your Domino project.
Connecting Domino and Jira¶
To use this feature, you’ll first need to connect your Domino and Jira accounts, and then authorize your Domino account to take action in Jira on your behalf.
- Navigate to the Overview section in Domino.
- Click on the Manage tab.
- Click on the Add Credentials button. You’ll be redirected to Jira’s authentication page. Enter your Jira credentials and authorize read and write access for Domino.
The connection between your Domino and Jira accounts will persist until you clear your Domino-related browser cookies.
Jira Subtasks or Child Issues Become Domino Goals¶
Recall that a Domino project can be linked to a single Jira ticket. If that ticket has child issues or Subtasks associated with it they will automatically become Domino goals when linked in your project. The Domino-Jira linkage is bidirectional – you can add, edit, or delete goals from within Domino and have those changes reflected in Jira (and vice versa).
If your Jira workflow commonly utilizes Epics with child issues like Tasks, Stories, Bugs, etc., we recommend you link the Epic issue to your Domino project. The child issues (Tasks, etc.) within the linked Epic will automatically become Goals in the Domino project.
If your Jira workflow does not typically utilize Epics, or if a single Epic usually maps to multiple data science projects, then it would be best to link a Jira ticket of type Task or Story to your Domino project. If the Task contains Subtasks then the Subtasks automatically become Goals in the Domino project.
The following operations on a Domino Goal will be reflected in the corresponding Jira ticket, and vice versa:
- Creating a new goal
- Editing the goal title or description
- Deleting an existing goal
- Changing status
To learn more about goals in Domino, please read: Project Goals in Domino 4.
- Currently, images, Markdown, and any other Jira-compliant formatting are rendered as plain-text in Domino.